Saturday, 10 September 2011

Bak 2 Skool!


Back to School!

It's that time of year again so here is a back to school inspired design.

I started by painting my nails a matt white. I usually do this slowly, over a couple of hours sometimes because white polish is a pain if it gets too thick. Start with light coats and build... The white polish I used was Barry M number 66 available in Boots and Superdrugs
Using a blue striper I painted some horizontal lines across one nail on each hand and then a vertical red stripe down the left hand side to create a school paper effect.
Finally to create the pencils I painted a V shape at the top of my nails using a variety of different colours. And used a black striper to make a pencil outline.

Finish off with a top coat. Lately I have been testing Sally Hansen INSTA-DRI. It dries in 30 seconds and leaves your nails really hard so it it excellent for protecting your nail designs. It is available in Boots and Superdrugs.




Happy back to school....
Mily x

No comments:

Post a Comment