Thursday, 22 December 2011

Day Ten: Gingerbread for very short nails.


 Not the gum drop buttons!!!





As you can see my nails have taken a hit over the last few days. A combination of decorating and horrible weather have left them in an awful state. So a quick design that can be used on short nails.








The beauty of designs like this is that they rely on plastic drying and you can use a clear plastic so that you can meausre your nail underneath.

First create a ginerbread outline. Fill in any details you like. (See the candy cane post for tips on plastic drying!)



Once my gingerbread men were completely dry I simply pushed them off and stuck them to the tacky varnish on my thumb nails. I finshed off with some coloured gems over the buttons and applied a liberal amount of top coat to seal.
For my main colour I used Nails incs Basil Street - A favourite nude of mine. Because my nails are really short right now a nude or light colour doesn't highlight their lengh but gives them a healthy look.


A simple, hide all sins but Christmassy design.

4 comments:

  1. I love this technique (have yet to try it) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just found your blog and it is great, i love your designs i have small nails too! You have some really cute designs here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha 'not the gumdrop buttons!!' Me and my sister quote that all the time!! I've just stumbled across your blog and am so intrigued about this plastic drying stuff!! I'm about to check the original plastic drying bit out :) lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaand I've chosen you for the Liebster Award :) it's an award for bloggers with less than 200 followers and a chance for more people to see your blog. Check out my latest post to see what it's all about!!

    ReplyDelete