Thursday, 10 May 2012

Rule Britannia! - Glitter style!




A glittery tribute to Britain... just in time for the Diamond Jubilee

I wanted to create a design that fitted in with the diamond jubilee but wasn't too ostentatious so here is my glittery design.

First I took a silver and painted a thin coat on four nails.

Then using a blue glitter - Nails inc. - Royal Arcade. I painted one nail with a few coats. Take your time over this. Allow each layer to try properly before applying another.
Once it was completely dry I used a white striper to create a cross in the centre of the nails and in the four corners a simple little white line. I chose not to join the crosses so that the blue could shine through. Then using the red striper I created the red crosses.

Once that was dry I used my new hologram Nails inc top coat to give the fantastic glitter effect.



And there you have it, a glittery Rule Britannia!!

1 comment: